Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Gathering Information...

Ah, it's been a while since my last post! The days have been passing decently fast, and I've been busy (this despite me always telling people I'm "free"... It's all relative, I say!) with running some test cases on the computer programme I'm going to hand over at the end of my one year research attachment.

I've been trying to make the programme more user friendly, but ran into several problems trying to do that. Oh well, that's research for you. *grunt*

Anyway, I've recently joined my institute's (that is the Institute of Materials Research and Engineering, IMRE) outreach group which focusses on JC students. I'm a bit dry on ideas, so I thought I might as well ask here, to see if anyone out there has any fancy ideas.

We're thinking of ways to reach out to JC students, to teach them science and get them interested. And also to improve upon existing programmes, like short vacation attachment programmes that are currently going on.

So if you're a student out there (and I know there's this JC guy who reads my blog, I just didn't reply that comment. I'll do better at being responsive comments-wise!), drop me ideas in the comments box. It could be simple things like what interests you, what type of projects you like to do, what you like or not about the education system and all that.

Any feedback is welcome, and I'll make sure I reply comments this time! I'm sure I can do better at that! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Female Fizzicist said...

Ah, then you might like Scratch, which I mentioned in a post before. I'm waiting to download it, just to see what sort of platform it will be for educating the public.

Things digital and computational seem to be a growing trend, but I guess it'll be nice if people had hands on too.

But computing can be quite a creative exploration.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home