Friday, May 19, 2006

Unplanned Break

Since I'm almost finished with my one year attachment, it means that a new batch of scholars are coming in to do theirs. Can imagine their excitement; sometimes the unknown makes you curious and enthusiastic, only I'm not sure how long it lasts!

And it also marks my impending departure from this research institute, and even this country! Whoah, sometimes a year seems to pass by so quickly.

Anyway, my afternoon suddenly got freed today. I was supposed to go down to VJC to give a presentation, but apparently they won some final (dunno sports or what) and then got let off with a half-day break. I can imagine the students chanting "Half-day! Half day!" and the principal finally giving in. Although I was there when it was still Mrs Lee; I don't know how the new principal does things now.

Ha ha, the funny thing is that the students will be cheering, but the teachers will be groaning because they would miss lessons AGAIN! Yeah, I know what it's like, I've taught for a while there too.

But today I don't mind the extra break. Although it doesn't seem like giving the presentation's going to work out. First the session got postponed from 5th May because the school was closed for half the day in preparation for polling day (it was a designated polling station). Then today. So, twice it has been postponed.

Maybe eventually it'll take place when I'm ready to leave for Stanford. Heh.

Argh, been staring too much at the computer screen learning C++ programming. There is a certain sense of joy that comes with seeing the program work, even if it's a draft one you copied from the book. I tried an exercise question, and managed to get it working, and I must say, I was kinda smiling after.

Sigh, almost being a geek.

Check this out, so funny. Maybe the day will come I'll be the only one who knows what I'm doing.

Heh, hope I won't forget how to communicate...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home