Friday, April 28, 2006

Three More Months to Go!

I wanted to write something yesterday, but had some problems with the blogspot sign-in. Now I've conveniently forgotten what I had wanted to write. Ha ha. I've been getting bouts of memory loss, and I'll like to think that it's because I've been working too hard, but I know better!

I had my very first shot at emcee-ing yesterday, and I must say it was quite nerve-wreaking for a while. Although only nerve-wreaking during the moments you had to wait to go on stage to say something. The times I was on stage actually saying something, it was okay, since it took my mind off the fear for a while! I have never done this before, so I'm glad I didn't make any major bloopers, and standing in front of hundreds of people in the auditorium actually was bearable, they all looked so still, you just blend them into the background after a while.

Although everyone came in the white polo t-shirts distributed to them for the event. And when they were seated down, all you see really was the top half of their body. It reminded me strangely of a certain political party, and I felt like I was emcee-ing some rally...

The office's been on about the General Elections of late, and we began educating each other about what SMC, GRCs and all that stand for. Considering most of us are voting for the first time, it actually is quite interesting. And we've been discussing if we'll actually get another day off because of polling day.

Hmmz... That would make another week short. :P

I've completed 9 months of this research job, and I'm counting down the days to get headed off to Stanford. It's all very exciting, although I've only just registered for housing. There are many of us scholars headed there this year, so I'll be in good company.

My brain's gone rusty after all these months. Working just isn't as brain-juice intensive as studying sometimes can get. Or maybe I've just been slacking too much.

Hey, it helps me think better. Ha ha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home