Monday, April 03, 2006

Cambridge, the US Variant!

I thought since I'm online, I might as well post something, before I lose the audience I have. Or if I have any, really. Waiting to get this out to people, when it finally gets a bit more content, and more sugar and spice. :P

I'm at Boston at the moment, nearer to the Harvard campus than MIT, and I must say they are quite different. So close to each other, yet so different. I haven't really ventured far beyond within MIT, but I've heard stories. Ha ha, I always hear so many stories. Even their train stations are decorated differently! You know when you reach the MIT station, but you're not as sure when you reach Harvard. I thought I remember seeing some bell/chime sort of thing at the Kendall (MIT) station last night. But maybe it was too dark and I was seeing things.

Was at Cornell the last couple of days, visiting the Physics department there, hearing some overviews and meeting some supervisors. Interesting place. You know how people say it's so ulu and only has cows? Ha ha, fallacy, I say, but it's not an urban jungle the likes of London where Imperial resides. Even Boston isn't so much of an urban city. It's pretty, decently quiet and decently towny. Nice mix.

As for Cornell, I was there when the sun was shining, and you know how the weather seems to make so much difference? The trip was informative, I must say, getting to meet faculty who went on and on about their research helps. After all, don't trust academic websites, they usually only get updated in the vaguest sense once a year or something. Ha ha. Like mine isn't very updated on the company's site either. :P

Righto, off to get some lunch! I'll post some pictures when I get back, and more on universities next time around.

Hopefully more interesting material to come soon. If I meet some Harvard snobs or something.

Kidding!

1 Comments:

Blogger leah said...

you weren't seeing things. the kendall/mit stop does have some jazzy jingly bell-type contraption. the harvard stop is just.. erm, harvard? the colour of the T stop is very harvard, though - not quite crimson, but reddish, maroonish. oh i am in the mood to make up words today, can you tell? too much cummings, i swear.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home